Sunday, August 5, 2012

Up North

I love that in Michigan we can say we went "Up North," and people know it means we were on vacation, most likely on a lake, eating ice cream and roasting marshmallows. Where else do you have that kind of understanding?

Anyways, we spent a week in July with my family in (more specifically) Tawas on Tawas Bay. It was a wonderful week, filled with boating, biking, kayaking, watching cousins run around and tackle each other, and (naturally) eating ice cream and roasting marshmallows.
The Bay

Everyone watches a riveting game of "Pass the Gehrig"
Precious, no? Nevermind the fact that it was
7AM and mom's pillow had been stolen
and a baby boy was quickly encroaching on her space.
Enjoy sleeping in, boys!

Esmé stomp-walks to Aunt Bridget
An explosion of birthday cake! 
In the 'yak with Grandma
Saying 'bye bye' to Darcy 
Abram and Gehrig eat play with sand.
thrill ride
Fishing with this guy...so good!
The boys, out on the town.
Red sky at night, sailor's delight.
"Helping" us pack up...
Can't wait for next year, Fitz's. Thanks for a great vacation!

In other news, I started (yet another) new blog called Life's Little Patterns
I'll be documenting some big projects (including the start-up of Patterns Press) over there, so feel free to follow along...
Eventually I'd like to merge everything over to that blog, but I'm not sure how to go about that yet,
so for now, we'll be keeping this guy going...Thanks for visiting!

1 comment: